Job Description & Requirements
Oncology Nurse - Travel - (Onc RN)
Welcome to this fantastic Oncology unit, where compassionate care meets top notch technology and innovative care teams bring the best of themselves to their patients
1. General job duties/Types of procedures required: Assist with central lines and chest tubes.
2. Medication systems: HCS EMAR; Paper Charting
3. Shift or schedule requirements: Weekends may be required. 48 hours EOW.
4. Floating to other units/departments is expected, but only to units with the same patient acuity.
5. Beds in this unit: 27
6. Nurse to patient ratio of this unit: 6:1
7. Dress Code: Grey uniform bottoms and any color tops
8. Orientation program: General orientation to the facility with unit specific orientation provided on the floor.
If you enjoy adventure and the outdoors then Hazard, KY is the place to be. Enjoy the beautiful scenery while participating in outdoor activities such as swimming, fishing and hiking at the Buckhorn Lake State Resort Park. Get some R&R at one of the many quaint bed and breakfasts or stroll the friendly downtown filled with restaurants and shops.
Hospitals Located Near Hazard:
• Hazard ARH Regional Medical Center
• Mary Breckinridge ARH Hospital
• Kentucky River Medical Center
• Whitesburg ARH Hospital
• Manchester Memorial Hospital
Onward Healthcare's travel nursing assignments typically last 13 weeks, and include:
Competitive pay rates and comprehensive benefits
Medical plans with dental and vision
Complimentary, high-quality private housing
401(k) and flex spending options
Accident and short-term disability coverage
Free continuing education (CE) courses
Guaranteed pay program
Tuition discount program
About The Company
Onward Healthcare, an AMN Healthcare company, is a travel nursing company dedicated to moving our nurses careers "onward and upward." Our team of expert recruiters connect clinicians with exclusive travel nursing opportunities at the nation’s top hospitals and healthcare facilities. Onward's nursing assignments are part of a larger, comprehensive RN career development and consultation service. Onward/AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer.