Job Description & Requirements
Registered Nurse – Medical Surgical
1. Assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care needs.
2. Documents patient care in the healthcare record according to established standards.
3. Directs and delegates care to other team members in accordance with their education, credentials, and demonstrated competence.
4. Ensures own professional effectiveness through education and professional development.
5. Participates in the development of and maintains established hospital policies, procedures and objectives, quality improvement, safety, environmental and infection prevention program.
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
PeaceHealth Ketchikan Medical Center is a Critical Access Hopsital Serving as a Regional Referral Center for SE Alaska. We serve Ketchikan and several surrounding Alaska islands that are isolated with minimal healthcare services available. Patients present via fast boat and fixed wing aircraft from surrounding islands for emergent care. Ketchikan is the first port for Alaskan Crusies departing from Seattle. The tourist industry is strong from April through September adding an additional volume to the ED. I you are looking for an adventure in beautiful Alaska please join us.