Job Description & Requirements
Registered Nurse – Medical Surgical
1. Demonstrates knowledge of Surgical Care including patient management, emergencies, appropriate interventions, therapies, and expected outcomes.
2. Demonstrates knowledge of Trauma patient management and other interventions. Maintains 8 hours of trauma specific education yearly.
3. Assesses neurovascular, neurological, and respiratory status appropriately.
4. Applies or utilizes appropriate apparatus for patient care, utilizes specialty beds based on assessment, rationale, collaboration with NM and physician.
5. Prepares and maintains therapeutic equipment for patient use, i.e., overhead frames, traction, CPM, etc.
6. Demonstrates knowledge of orthopedic (musculoskeletal) care including patient management, emergencies, appropriate interventions, therapies, and expected outcomes.
7. Applies appropriate apparatus for patient management (braces, splints, immobilizers, etc.).
8. Assists with cast application/trimming.
9. Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of Cardiac Dysrhythmias, treatments, interventions, and expected outcomes.
10. Demonstrates knowledge of emergent cardiac care including patient management, appropriate interventions, therapies, and expected outcomes.
11. Initiates and follows CORE measures as appropriate to patient diagnosis.
12. Demonstrates proficiency in bedside shift report with every handoff.
13. Reads and signs telemetry strips each shift.