Job Description & Requirements
Progressive Care Nurse - Travel - (PCU RN)
1. General job duties. Types of procedures required.
Also manage cardiac drips amiodarone, cardizem, heparin, insulin, Bumex, dopamine, and dobutamine.
2. Equipment utilized in the unit/dept. (Is there computerized charting, medication systems, etc.)
Medication: HCS EMAR; Paper Charting
3. Required skills and minimum years of experience.
Arrhythmia interpretation, pre/post op care of cardiac cath pts.
4. Specific licensures and certifications/registrations required. (ARRT, CRT, BLS, ACLS, etc)
BLS, ACLS, NIHSS
5. Shift or schedule requirements. (Will the employee ever work alone? Is call required? If so, how often? Are weekends required?)
Weekend rotation required. 48 hours EOW.
6. Floating to other units/departments. (If so, to which units/departments?)
Yes but only to units with the same patient acuity
7. Bed size/number of rooms for this unit/dept.
8. Nurse to patient ratio of this unit.
9. Dress Code:
Grey uniform bottoms and any color tops.
10. Tell us about the unit/department specific training and orientation program.
General orientation to the facility with unit specific orientation provided on the floor.