New to Travel Nursing?
Discover a New Nursing Career Opportunity
If you've ever thought about a career as a travel nurse, there's no better time than right now to take your nursing career on the road. With more travel nurse assignments, in more places than ever before all across the country, there is no reason not to get started today on the career path you've always dreamed of!
Getting Started in Travel Nursing
The first step to getting started as a travel nurse is to find a travel nursing company that is the right match for your personality and career goals. Consider only those that have recruiters who will listen to your wants and needs and take those into account when advising you on job options. Take some time to research the company you want to work with and be sure to find out how long the agency has been in the industry. Travelnursing.com has made this step easy by working directly with the most respected and tenured travel nursing companies in the industry.
- Apply to our travel nursing partners directly from this site in 3 easy steps!
- Once the first two steps are completed, you will get connected to a travel nursing company.
- Next, it will be time to meet your recruiter and begin looking for your assignment!
Do you have additional travel nursing questions? Make sure to read our FAQ page to find answers to common travel nursing questions.
Articles You Should Read
What the Right Travel Nurse Recruiter Can Do for You
April 17, 2013 - Starting a career as a travel nurse is an exciting time, offering the chance for new adventures and new professional experiences. The right travel nurse recruiter will help you make the most of this opportunity, as well as support you through any challenges a new assignment or location might bring. Though you may travel alone, your recruiter will be with you through every step--from your first interview, to relocating to a new city, to finding your next assignment.Read more
It’s a Great Time to be a Travel Nurse
Whether you want to head West and enjoy the year-round sunshine of California or Arizona, or you’re eager to wander the historic cobblestone streets of Boston or prefer a small town atmosphere—travel nursing can take you there. With a career as a travel nurse, there are no limits on where you can go. In fact, you can explore a new U.S. city with each and every assignment!
We connect you with the top travel nurse staffing companies in the industry, giving you insider access to nursing assignments at some of the leading healthcare facilities in the nation. Combine the variety of choices with top travel nursing pay, excellent benefits, quality housing and the ability to take control over your career—and you will see that now really is the time to travel! No other career gives RN's the freedom and flexibility that travel nursing can!
So, what are you waiting for? Start packing your bags today and get ready to embark on an adventure of a lifetime.
Tips for Traveling Nurses
- Flexibility gives you more options: From locations to facility choices, consider all options afforded to you. You may end up falling in love with that Alaska assignment because it will build your resume or you’ll have the chance to explore another region to see if you want to call it home someday.
- Have paperwork ready: Licenses, skills checklists, medical documentation, etc., ready will give you a leg up on the competition.
- Get to know your travel nurse recruiter: He/she is an expert and there to guide you.
- Get started! Start reaping the rewards of the travel lifestyle today. Advance your RN career, earn top pay and make new friends—all while exploring the country and doing what you love!
Visit our robust job search to get an idea of the variety of travel nurse assignments currently available. If you’re ready to get started on your adventure, apply to become a travel nurse today!